St. Fortunatus’ Abbey, Charlieu

St. Fortunatus’ Abbey, Charlieu

Abbaye bénédictine Saint-Fortuné de Charlieu

[photoshelter-img width=’600′ height=’418′ i_id=’I0000Hxjnoz_HaJQ’ buy=’0′]

[photoshelter-img width=’600′ height=’418′ i_id=’I0000DJJTMF6Q4z4′ buy=’1′]

PHOTOS HAUTE DEFINITION – HIGH DEFINITION IMAGES

L’abbaye est fondée en 872 par Boson, roi de Bourgogne et Ratbert, évêque de Valence en un lieu d’abord nommé Sornin que le moines rebaptisèrent Charlieu (carus locus). Elle fut placée sous le contrôle direct du Saint-Siège, et fut consacrée en 1094. L’avant nef (narthex) a été ajouté au XIIe siècle. Il n’en demeure que le premier niveau de la façade ouest et les piliers de la première travée.

St. Fortunatus’ Abbey, Charlieu (Benedictine abbey).

[photoshelter-img width=’600′ height=’418′ i_id=’I0000hZ5p9IOdAvU’ buy=’1′]

The monastery, dedicated to Saint Fortunatus, was founded in 872, by Boson, King of Burgundy. Its patrons were Ratbertus, bishop of Valence, in a place they called Carus Locus, and dedicated to Saint Stephen and Saint Fortunatus, patron of Valence.  The abbey was placed under the direct control of the Holy See. The abbey church was consecrated in 1094. A narthex was added in the twelfth century.

Les commentaires sont clos.